If you’re reading this right now, there’s a reason. The same goes for everyone you’ve met.
You may have heard the over-used phrase that every person you meet is either a lesson or a blessing. Regardless of if this is true or not, there is no mistake in who crosses your path.
Tonight, I crossed paths with someone who re-sparked a light in me. Has this ever happened to you? It happens in the most unexpected moments, doesn’t it?
The woman who re-sparked this light deserves credit: Dr. Verna Price.
She is… Bold.
Every word she spoke was everything that I needed to hear.
Who would I be if I didn’t share with others?
Before tonight, I had no motivation. I stopped doing the things I loved. She helped me realize that.
So while I wish I could just copy and paste everything that she said, I can’t. I did, however, take notes. A lot of them.
Here are a few of them:
- You are not depressed or stressed.. you need to get up and figure it out. Be bold.
- The reason you’re not succeeding is because you are telling yourself that you won’t.
- The sign of a great leader is someone who knows themselves well enough to follow themselves.
- Pay attention to what’s coming out of your mouth and your heart
- Who you are in private is the most important
- And finally… our destiny is intertwined with everyone we meet
Everyone who was in the room during her speech was in there for a reason.
Pay close attention to the messages around you and the people who surround you. What purpose do they serve?
Thanks for reading.