This year feels like it did not happen.
2018. The year my life changed.
Those who know me know that I am constantly changing and finding new interests mostly because I’m a naturally curious person but this year was different. I found purpose.
I don’t usually like to write about myself, but here is what happened in 2018:
– I dove deeper into my major and made great relationships with my professors
– I made new friends who continue inspire me
– I created my blog extremely spontaneously and fell in love with it
– I became genuinely happy. Yes there were ups and downs but through bad relationships and experiences I found out how to truly take care of myself
– I became closer to my sister which has been one of the greatest blessings to me
So this is the time of the year where we look back at the year, reflect, then decide on resolutions, right? I keep thinking of the habits I have already implemented and think these “resolutions” are an addition to everything I’ve already added to my life.
So, 2019… I want it to look something like this:
Focus on growth and giving
– Volunteer once a month
– Eat one vegetable a day. Sounds kind of silly I know. Some weeks go by and I’m like when’s the last time I ate a vegetable? So even if it’s just one carrot or even a piece of an avocado this is my goal.
– Read daily. Hard copy. It can be one page but I do need to read more.
– Have a solid morning routine and learn to enjoy working out in the morning. Read, journal, and exercise. I keep hearing that the most productive days are when you get the hardest thing done first.
– Cook more. I am guilty of buying the same foods every time I grocery shop and not making real food. In 2019 I want to learn new recipes and cook one proper meal a week.
– Blog weekly!
What’s your resolution?